Saturday, November 24, 2012

Heart of Nirn v0.01 - Early Alpha

Hello, and welcome to my blog. I don't expect anybody to be reading these, but I'm hoping maybe somebody will.

I am developing a roguelike, that ignores all concepts of "copyright". But I guess this is "Fair Use" since I don't intend to make profit, or anything. So maybe it's okay.

The title is "Heart of Nirn", and it is developed in Python 2.7.0, (Which you need to have if you want to play it) and it is a roguelike based off of the Elder Scrolls universe and lore, which I have an undying love for.

I currently have an extremely basic version done:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d2g0gyy93j58875

All it has is basic mechanics, and the ability to select a race which affects your attributes, only three of which actually do anything at the moment. You can find items, level up, and kill bandits for levels on end but besides that there's not much to do.

My next plans are to add skills into the game, skill training, and have training those level you up instead of gaining XP. I might add in miss/dodge chance while I'm at it.

Have fun with it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment