Sunday, November 25, 2012

v.02 - Birthsigns, Abilities, and Dodging (Oh my!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?qg2vr2uiegidxd1 - New version

Hello to anybody and everybody who may be reading this.

Not many changes with this one, but I feel it's enough to make a new version out of. I don't know if I'm updating too much with too little, so if anybody cares to let me know if I am, I'll thank you.

In this version, you can now select a Birthsign. Half of them don't do anything! The ones that do are the ones that increase your attributes, and the Lord, the Lover, the Serpent, the Ritual and the Thief all give you the abilities they say they do. There's no cool-down on them yet, though, so feel free to spam them relentlessly and break the game!

Since I have those abilities in the game, I should be able to get spells in... Speaking of magic:

I should have stated this in my first post, but the only attributes that do anything right now are Strength, which increases your attack damage, Endurance, which increases your HP, and Agility, which previously increased your "defense" but now increases your dodge chance. Luck also increases the amount of items that can be generated in any room. So if you want to be useful don't take increases in Intelligence or anything like that.

Speaking of dodging... Man I love segways:

You and your opponents now have a chance to dodge! For the bandits it's a base of 25, and for you it's your agility / 2, + 10 if you have the Thief's power activated.

The game is still incredibly unbalanced and you still have no enemies besides bandits, though. Not much different than a regular Elder Scrolls game, I guess.

Plans for next version: Get rudimentary spell-casting in, give abilities cool-down timers so they can't be spammed.

Current Long-Term Plans:

Add more enemies to the dungeon.

Balance the game.

Add features to the dungeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment